Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:11:49 -0700
Sprouts weight is at 1 lbs 9.6 ounces which is about 12 ounces below
his average.

I've added ensure to his pureed turkey and he is more willing to eat
it. I'm looking into ways to improve its nutritional value. Would
adding a/d to the pureed turkey help?

I've also moved to feeding him every three hours around the clock.

Sprout is more alert and is walking around a lot more than he has the
last few weeks. He appears more alert and interested in what is going
on around him.

I plan on continuing the feedings and adding more nutrition to his
diet. Thank you to those who pointed out that pureed turkey alone was
not enough nutrition. Will giving him Nutri-Cal? If so how much?

Also thank you to the person who put forward the idea that maybe it was
time to help him over the bridge. I know it could not have been easy to
bring up that idea. Believe me that idea has been in my mind for weeks.
ECE isn't suppose to be something that results in a ferret going over
the rainbow bridge and ferrets with this often have good and bad days.
Sprout seems to be having a very hard time with it. It is because of
the very difficult time that he is having that I'm wondering if he has
something else going on. Its too bad that food allergy and lymphoma
have similar symptoms. I don't want to give up too soon but I also do
not want him to suffer.

Right now Sprout seems to be holding and in some ways (increased
alertness and activity) seems to be some better. His weight is holding
at 1 lbs 9.6 ounces and I will continue to watch that. I hope it starts
climbing soon.

Thank you

Mike