From:
"Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:10:40 -0500
A post in yesterday's fml got me thinking about how my ferrets would talk,
if they can talk.  Here's what I think mine would be like.

Birch would not only speak english, she would be fluent in chinese as well,
and probably picked up Japanese when I was trying to learn it.  She can
probably write my thesis for me, if she wants.  The fact that she doesn't
is just proof of how smart she is.

Dief would probably speak english the way I do.  he probably forgets
vocabulary on a regular basis and like me, will substitute forgotten words
with thing, thingy, thingummy, and thingummyjig.  he pick up some habits
from his mom.

Sprite is not generally talkative, but when she ambushes you and nips you,
a gleeful "gotcha!" is inevitable.

Storm would speak veryveryfastandjumbleallherwordsand
sentencestogetherandleaveoffsentenceswithoutcompleting
startanewonerightawayandnoonecanmakesenseofwhatshesays..

Sand's upper and lower jaw doesn't quite match, tho anyfing he thays will
end up wif a pfff noise, like air leaking frough.  he will probably learn
all the bad words, but misuses them somehow.

Bear is the strong, silent type.  He would mostly use one or two words at
a time, things like "out", "play", "up" to tell me what he wants.

How would your ferrets speak?

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu