Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:33:03 -0500
One of my two "Ohio" rescue girls has started eating cotton. I threw a
pair of soft, very worn, cotton sleepy pants into the playpen for them
to run through and had to take them out because she started chewing on
the material. Monday, I realized that she was eating one of the tunnels
in their play mat. It is made of cotton material with cotton batting
in it to make the tunnel. She had eaten about 2" during the day. I
immediately removed the mat, gave her a dose of Petromalt and started
dosing her daily so she doesn't get an obstruction, but what makes this
even more odd is that she only chews on one play mat. The other mat is
made of really heavy cotton and fleece and she doesn't chew on it.

Any pointers? Helpful hints?

Julie Coddington, Project Manager
Medical Staff Services
Grant Medical Center