Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:11:01 -0500
Well, it's an awful thing to say in a way, but I am so happy!  One of my
ferrets has insulinoma!  Yes, you heard me correctly: When George started
acting funny one night a week ago I was so worried, worried I wouldn't be
able to find a competant vet (we were still looking at the time) and
worried it was something MUCH more serious that might require surgery or
something THAT NIGHT, or something that would be treatable, but so
expensive I couldn't afford it.  Luckily,a lady had reccomended a vet to
me just the day before and she turned out to be great.  Set us up with
Prednisone and regular blood sugar tests.

Speaking of which, is it "normal" for a ferret to think his Prednisone is a
treat?  George loves the stuff.  I have to keep the bottle out of reach so
he doesn't try to help himself.

Anyway, made my babysitter's job a lot easier, although it proved once and
for all that ferrets are contagious.  I got a good friend of mine to come
over and take care of the babies two or three times a day for the two days
I was gone and he is now demanding visiting rights.

They have also decided that they like stash feeding.  No, not stashing
their food, but having their food stashed for them so they can eat from
three or four small piles of food that they come across in the course of
the day.  Whatever.  If it means no more skinny George I'll serve it on
silver platters under my bed.

Just thought I would share my (for once) good news.
Charlie