From:
Susan Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2013 12:31:53 -0600
First I was going to wait and tell you all this the 1st of January but
decided on now. But I want to say I hope you all had a great Christmas
and I want to thank thoughs of yas that picked and sent the shelter
kids chistmas gifts this year, and I do hope the kids I picked off
the giving tree this year liked theirs.

The last couple years has been very ruff for me, my family my shelter
and the ferrets. other issues, If I get calls of surrenders or
adoptions I will send the people to the nearest shelter closes to where
they live. If someone called wanting to know information on careing for
their ferret I will still educate them and teach them what I know, I
will not leave a ferret parents stranded without knowing anything about
these kids. I have told my foster people who has the ferrets if they
wish to adopt the ones they have in their care that I would allow them
if not they were to bring them to me the remaining ferrets that are
adoptable I will see they get loving homes.

Since a year ago last october I have lost 2 family members within a
couple months apart to cancer, I lost a totel of 8 ferrets due to Black
mold and lime exposure in the home I was living at. I thought it was 6
ferrets but I was corrected by one of my ferret foster people and I was
also very sick and even in the hospital a couple times and at that time
we didnt even know what was going on and why I was losing ferrets and
me so sick. If you want to do reserch on Black Mold, Lime and Fungus
exposure in a home and how it affects your health and your mental
state. it also causes memory problems. anyways I lived in this house
for over a year and got deathly sick. Augest of this year it was finaly
found what what was causing me losing ferrets right and left and me
sick. it was my home that was bulit way back in the earlie 70s. Ok I
now live back in a duplex temapary til I can get us a better place.
I'm still on 7 differnt kinds of meds to help get this stuff out of my
system and boost my energy to get me going and it takes time to get
back to your ol self after all I was breathing in this stuff being so
sick. for over a year before we relized it was this house I was living
in . This cost me a lot of money and financially has cost me to go down
hill. So with all this going on and the stress im under right now I
have no choise but to shut my doors, right now with what hospice and
sp needs ferrets I have left I want to make their lives a happier life
and give them the extra love and attation they need from me. I only
put them on the giving tree cause I knew we needed the stuff that we
had lost, cause when we moved a couple months ago we had to leave
everything behind and throw most all out that included their beddings
and toys. my clothes and most of my house hold stuff. We had to start
off new. and a couple ferret people knew of what was going on and help
me out some and told me to get them kids back on the tree... anyways I
would like to re main friends with the ferret cummunitie here that I
have left.I have lost a few of yas but it's understandable. I'm sorry
this is kinda long but did want to expline why I was shutting my doors.

I love you all and I'll miss you guys and being a part of yas. but its
time for me to close down I been doing the sheltering and rescueing for
over 15 yrs now and im no spring chick anymore, and til I get well and
back on my feet I don't see me reopening anytime soon.

I want to say just one more thing and then that's it. I was told I had
made offer of donations to other people and shelters and have forgotten
the last couple years. If I have done this or if I have picked your
ferret off the giveing tree last year or so and have forgotten I just
want to say that I am very sorry and if that person or persons will
email me and let me know I would like to make it right is and when I
can. when I found this out the other day it really bothered me and it
will til i can make mends make it right. Thank you all for your
understanding and patiences with me and the Arkansas Ferret Shelter..

Susan Hayes. director.......... AND SORRY FOR MY SPILLING...Hugs

--
"If you really want to know the heart of a person, watch how they treat
their inferiors, not their superiors or even their equals." - Rita