From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:37:26 -0700
>From:    Rhia Abarquez <[log in to unmask]>
>
>so few we are..  so many in hiding..  anyone local we can possibly share
>fert stories n such with?  feelin kinda lonely being the only fert
>owners walking our little one to the park round here....
>
>Slinky says hi everbody!!  (AIM sn = SlinkydaLimoRat) yay!  he's
>learning tricks...  w00t!

PLEASE, if you love your fuzz do NOT take them out in public.  You
mentioned that you walk them to the park.  This is CALIFORNIA and
ferrets are sadly ILLEGAL here.  All of us would love to have our
fuzzies out in public, but we just cannot take the chance.  Fish and Game
or ANimal Control etc WILL CONFISCATE them...this is a fact!  It has
happened to three of my friends over the past 10 year (one was turned in
by a neighbor, one was turned in by her disgruntled daughter, and one
well-meaning fert parent, like you , had her fuzzy out in public and
animal control got them).  I know you love them as we all do, but facts
are facts and until this law change s, you just cannot take a chance.
If you want to help and get involved, contact Californians for Ferret
Legalization at www.ferretnews.org.

SOrry if I sound harsh, but it's part of the reality of living where you
have illegal pets.

sk