From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:21:06 -0500
Giving pred

I buy prednisone or prednisolone in pill form.  I divide the pill with a
pill splitter for the correct dose.  Then I let it dissolve in a small
amount of water, and add it to chicken baby food.  (If there is more than
one ferret on pred, I measure out the water in a dropper, put it in a
small jar, and let the pill dissolve.  Then I measure the solution in the
dropper and add it to individual baby food dishes so everyone is getting
the correct amount).  Most of my ferrets love it.

So far I've only had one ferret who doesn't like baby food, so I grind
up some of his ferret food in a coffee grinder, then add the pred/water
solution to that along with some more hot water, and he likes that.