From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 14:10:09 -0700
>From:    Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MF - post breeding arrangements?

If you got this response from MF than we ARE making progress.  That is much
better than previous attempts.  You can't expect to get everything you want
the first time you ask.  If you and your LIFE associates had given up after
the first response from HSUS you wouldn't have gotten the minor concessions
they made.  MF before has said they wouldn't consider letting retired
breeders out even if bought.  You honestly don't expect MF to give you
valuable resources without recompense do you?  Any ferret they give you to
adopt out is a lost kits sale after all.  Keep up the good work.

>From:  Laurie Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Nature Fresh, ferret math struck again!
>as this is my last ferret till we get a bigger home and my bachelors degree.

I've heard that before... I've also placed kits with people who had said
that kind of thing a few months before.  Good luck and congratulations.

>From:  Scott Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Margaret's Babies
>Does anyone out there know or could provide me with an easy way to

We crush it to a fine powder and mix it with ferretone/linatone.  I believe
Dr. Williams mentioned that he thought the oils would not inhibit absorbtion.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]

[Moderator's note: Part of the answer about how to give pred depends on
what kind of pred is being given.  Pedia-Pred is usually well tolerated
since it's sweet-tasting and made for children.

Re the "minor" HSUS concessions, as Diane pointed out when I asked, that's
more than anyone else has managed to do and any concessions are welcome. BIG]