From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:44:59 -0700
>From:    RICHARDS <[log in to unmask]>
>I need to know if anyone has any ideas on how I can take my Slinkie for a
>bike ride safely.

I take Felix on *motorcycle* rides; he just sleeps in my jacket, usually
curled up at my belly under both a sweatshirt and a leather jacket.  I limit
rides to 1/2 hour tops, plenty of time to get to a local park for playtime.
Monitor *your* temperature carefully; if your chest/stomach feels the
slightest bit cold, slow down or stop.  Ferrets generally deal with cold
surprisingly well, a lot better than heat, but don't push it.  I'm in
California on near the coast, so I don't have to deal with very high or very
low temperatures.

Key thing is to tie off the bottom of the jacket so he can't drop down!
Once I kill the motor, he knows the ride part is over and he gets all eager
to jump out and play...which means I'm always *REAL* carefull not to get
PULLED OVER - trying to explain the wiggly thing in my jacket to some cop is
not my idea of fun.  Not a prob though, my lights work, I run stock pipes,
there's nothing that attracts attention.