From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:57:43 -0600
Yesterday, a friend's young ferret jumped off his arm and fell to the
floor.  He landed wrong, and he now has a 'cauliflower ear.'  The vet said
he had not seen an ear hematoma in ferrets before, and wants to look at the
ferret again at the end of the week.  I believe the ferret received a
cortisone injection, as well.  (The ferret was checked by the vet for more
serious injuries.  The big concern was a brain injury or broken bones.
Fortunately, it seems that only the ear was hurt.)

Has anyone had a ferret with an ear hematoma?  If you have, could you
please tell me a bit about it and I will pass on the info to the ferret's
owner?

Thanks,
Jacqueline