From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:59:02 -0800
I need suggestions: I have read several books and have been reading your
stuff and everything I can find on the web on nipping.  No one tells you
what age you can expect to have them trained from nipping.  We got our at
seven weeks, born October 13, they both seemed to be nippers, we are very
gentle and have tried bitter apple discarded that after reading some of your
advice, we are afraid to give them treats out of our hand, because that
seems to make them want to bite you.  We have one BEW, Gandolf and a black
female sable, Xena.  Gandolf seems like he is getting the idea to be gentle,
however Xena is another story, she bites and she bites really hard.
Sometimes she seems better, but then next thing you know, she is biting
again.  We talk nicely to them and let them play and run before we try and
pet them, but when we come home, they want out, and it seems like they want
you to pet them, but they immediately start biting, even if its not hard.
Since we have a 12 year old involved I am anxious to make sure we are
training them correctly.  It seems like many of them are not ever nippers,
anyone with suggestions or age range information would help me out.  Thanks.

Pat