From:
Lori Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:36:02 -0700
The other day someone was on a rant about ferrets and all of the stuff
that they had been led to believe; you know the usual, smelly, mean,
look like rats etc. The stuff we hear all the time from people who have
absolutely no idea what ferrets are like, and have probably never even
had the opportunity to meet one of these amazing creatures. So, being
the first class poet that I am (not!) decided to write a little poem
about my three fuzzies. I decided to share it with the people that I
know would understand!! (Just cut me slack on the cheesiness of it!!!)
LOL :) Hope you enjoy!

      ************

Our three fuzz butts are certainly rare
With their sweet little faces, you can't help but stare.
Oly the biggest with fur soft as silk, though try as he might he's not
allowed milk!
Bootsie we call him will cover your face with kiss after kiss at an
incredible pace.
Annabelle's next, with her beautiful look.
You may think she's sweet, as she gives you a "dook"
But do not be fooled at this rare little beauty, she'll bite your nose
if you give her a noogie!
Scooter the third, but never the least, he will have you laughing when
he walks on a leash. He's swift and he's fast as he slides down the
tube, though deaf as can be, he's one incredible dude!
My three little babies are my love and my life, my world without them
would be full of strife.
Smelly you say, or they look like rats, sit still for a moment and I'll
tell you the facts.
Smell they do not, if you keep them clean, getting a bath is a powerful
thing!
They do not look like rats, gorillas or mice; they look just like
ferrets, full of sugar and spice!
They will give you their love, if you earn their trust, nothing is
free you will learn in a rush.
They will run they will hide, they will poop on the floor, but try as
you might you can do nothing more, than sit back and laugh at their
giant size antics, but if one gets sick you will start to panic.
Unbeknownst to you they will steal your heart, the ache in your chest
will pierce like a dart.
The big and the tough, strong giant man will melt like a snowflake as
they sit in his hand.
Their soft little bodies, their fun loving way, will have you doubting
any cruel thing you say.
If you give them a chance, they'll steal your soul too; they will take
it and hide it away in a shoe!
So say what you will, and see what you see, the truth is I love them,
and that's all that matters to me.

By Lori Olson
And her three fuzzbutts Oly, Annabelle, Scooter (and their puppy Odin!)
03/10/10