From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:48:50 -0500
As the New Year approaches it becomes time to reflect on the year gone
by and look ahead with new resolutions.

As for reflection, it's been quite a year and there is a lot to reflect
on, although I don't need to.  I'm still in the fall of this year, no
need to reflect on it, I'm there.  Still caught in the gap of time in
which I lost Jillie.  Still trying to wrap my mind around the reality
that she is gone.  Gone.  How such a sweet soul could be taken from me
so carelessly, it seems a mistake of a higher power.

But, as my other ferrets show - life goes on.  So I need to look to the
future with them and smile.

Here are what I would like my ferrets resolutions to be:
Mikette: I resolve not to poop on every possible inch of the ferret room.
I resolve to at least go near the litterbox and stop this game of poop
landmines which causes Mommy to acrobat around the room cleaning up after
me.  (Mikette can't get around that well, so I understand.  But if it's
so hard to get around, how does she cover every inch of the rug?!  It's
like she's playing some connect the dots game on the floor.  A bit here,
a lot there, another spot here.......so many surprises to come home to)

Baby: I resolve to stop begging for treats like a starving maniac.  I
will enjoy getting attention instead of just wanting treats, treats,
treats - more treats!

Here is what their actual resolutions would probably be:
Mikette: I resolve to conquer the weakness in my legs and be more
independant.  Then I can go back to nipping noses (my great joy!)
instead of just giving kisses.

Baby: I resolve to find more time to play.  I need to fight this aging
urge to sleep.  Must play, must play, must play, zzzzzzzzzzzz