Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:50:13 EST
>From:    "sue L." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  ADAM
>
>ADAM in Pa. will be cared for by the Aussie4 in Australia. I will be
>dure he gets soft blankets from my secret hammie maker.

Sue,

That is very sweet of you. It isn't necessary though unless you really
want to do it. I will never refuse soft blankets for our sweet Adam. He
has been getting some blankets from other people so that is why I said
to you it isn't necessary unless you want to. Adam goes though a lot
of blankets in a day some times 7 or 8 and then there are day he goes
through more. Some days he needs two baths and some days he needs three
but most days he is only getting one because I am keeping a good eye on
him when I am home and not going for Chemo which I have to do again. I
check on him every hour and if he is dirty I change his bedding and his
blanket and his pad in his litter box. Then I take a baby wipe and
clean him up if I can if not he goes for a bath. My daughter tells me
he has to be the only ferret that gets more baths than any other.
Little does she know there are probably lots out there that need a bath
or two from this problem. With all that is wrong with him we are just
thankful he is here.

To start with he is IBD, He also has a tumor pressing up against his
kidney that was so big it could not be removed. Debi gave me a herb
mixture to try on him when she brought me my baby ferret down. Believe
it or not it seems to be working that tumor is going down.

I can't wait for DR Wagner to see him. His tummy use to be really hard
and big and had purple going though it like it could break any time.
Now that is all gone and his tummy is soft and plushy. He still takes
Seizures since he had his stroke. He is also blind so he has a lot
going for him but we love him so much and want to keep him around for
a long time. He also has Insulinoma and when he is out he has to drag
his back legs behind him. Sometimes he gets up on them and that is a
good day for him and he takes a walk all around the ferret room before
he goes to a spot to sleep. What a trooper he is.

God Bless You
Helen and Adam