From:
Jennifer Lutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 20:23:21 -0400
    Yesterday I took Casper and Nova to Dr.  Kupersmith in Cherry Hill, and
they got exams and Galaxy and Imrab shots, with no reactions, yay!  The
possibility that Casper might have a very early adrenal problem was
considered, but basically it's too soon to tell; his symptoms aren't even
close to conclusive- I'm just a paranoid mommy.  Dr.  Kupersmith seemed like
a pretty good egg, and was very into explaining things.  Maybe that's a vet
characteristic- it sure isn't a people-doctor characteristic!  I felt just a
little smug because I'd already read so much of this info on the FML.  The
doc hadn't heard of the FML before, but seemed interested, so maybe we'll
get another vet online!

    Nova is really big on "kibble take-out." She has a stockpile of Totally
Ferret under my bed.  I guess I understand- ice cream tastes better in bed,
kibble must be better under bed.  Okay!

    Neither of my two are really friendly either.  The only time I really
get to snuggle with them is if I catch them when they're SOUND asleep, and
move them to my lap very gently so they don't wake up.  They're both rugged
individualists, content to eat, sleep, raid the trash, and wrestle each
other.  Those two-footers are just ear-cleaning ogres, anyway, right?  I was
sort of disappointed at first that they weren't all lovey at me, but then,
these two are my first pets ever, so it might be good, in the long run, that
they have pretty low-maintenance personalities.  They're fun to watch and
hold, and it's nice to have someone at home already when you get home from
work, you know?  And we've only been together two months, so maybe they're
still warming up to me.  Maybe I'll leave the windows open and try that
Polartec jacket trick.  ;)

Jen