From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 09:48:49 -0700
I wrote a while back about Cocoa my 5 yo gib who suddenly started to eat
all the time and gained a lot of weight in his belly.  His test results
show high glucose levels and glucose in his urine, so it looks like Cocoa
is diabetic.  My vet asked me to ask Dr.  Williams and the other vets on
this list for some suggestions as to treatment.  What type of insulin, how
much?  Do we treat him like a cat?  Any other suggestions?  What is Cocoa's
prognosis.  I am under the impression that ferrets do not do well with
diabetes.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  And thanks to all who
wrote earlier!

Cindy