Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:38:53 -0500
My heart is breaking.  My little Gabrielle, who I not too long ago posted
about concerning cardiomyopathy, is getting sicker by the day.  We are
doing all we know to do, but nothing seems to be slowing her disease
progression one bit.

Now my primary vet has suggested digoxin, and I need *help*.  I have been
told two directly contradictory things by two separate vets, both of whom
I trust!  My primary vet says digoxin will *prolong* her life and is thus
a good idea.  Another vet, one who has seen a lot of ferrets and has
considerable experience, says digoxin will *shorten* her life and is thus
a bad idea.

I have a bottle of digoxin sitting next to me as I write this, and I simply
don't know what to do!  Help!

-Tasha