Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:04:10 EDT
Hello Everyone,

Today I went and picked up a ferret that this lady's neighbor had. She
talked him into surrendering it to her so she could surrender it to me.
She is so skinny and I learned today that since last Saturday the only
thing this ferret was eating was ferret Vite and water. She was force
feeding it like the store told her but she couldn't get it to eat the
marshals food even when she made a mush so she just gave it the ferret
Vite every couple of hours along with water. It is a miracle that she
lived.

I have her in the hospital cage. Here are a couple of pictures of her.
You can see she is very weak from lack of food plus I am not sure if
she is adrenal or if it is just that she hasn't had good care. I put
her on some amoxi in case she has an infection of some kind also some
carafate for her tummy for she is grinding her teeth. I also fed her
some chicken soup gave her water and laid her in the hospital bed. In
about a half hour I will go feed her again. I have to force feed her
but I think once she discovers food again she will eat on her own.
Tonight when my daughter gets home we will give her a water shot. I
think that is going to help a lot along with feeding her small amounts
ever hour or two. Please say a little prayer for her, Her name is
Pinky. She is going to need to see a Vet and she will have to be ADV
tested as soon as she is on her feet until then she is in the
quarantine room. I have had so many getting ADV test lately that it is
taking up all our funds. We have taken in 15 ferrets within the last
month. Our total now is 34. We are to get 4 more in if they come.
Thanks in advance everyone for your prayers for Pinky I appreciate
them.

I also wanted to say to all the new members that came in that I did not
welcome. A hardy welcome to all of you. For those that lost loved ones
or fur babies my deepest sympathy to you.

God Bless You All
Hugs Love and Prayers
Helen
Helping Hands Ferret  Rescue
New Castle, PA.
This is Pinky she looks so sad but we hope to change that with the help
of my LORD she will be just fine.