From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:28:02 -0700
This question is sort of a curiousity on my part, but...
My baby Sybil when I first got her was two months old and had only one ear
flap.  The other (On her left side) was completely gone.  I just assumed it
had gotten chewed off by her littermates or her mom.  But now she's 3 times
her previous size (she's now 9 months old) and while everything has grown,
she still doesn't have an ear flap on her left side, not even a mangled one.

My question then is, is that normal for an animal who was born with an ear
flap that was removed, or was Sybil born with just one ear flap?

I don't know if anyone could answer that and it's not a big deal, I was
just sort of curious.  She also has a mutated toe on her front right paw.
She has the normal claw and also on the bottom of her pad another claw that
grows up, looking like it will grow right into her pad but always falls off
before that happens (then starts growing again).  She also appears to have
had eyeliner tattoed onto her eye lids, makes her eyes look very black (the
rest of her face is very light).  Maybe she's just a genetic freak?:)

Minta