From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 1994 23:12:50 -0500
I posted earlier about my sweet boy Duncan and his yellow
stool - and my lack of a vet due to his usual vet taking
a year off.  I found someone *willing* to treat him - but
doing her best to catch up on ferret concerns.  She did a
blood test - and here's the results:

        liver enzyme    20
        albumine (sp?)   3.65
        total protein    8.49
        potassium        4.48
        calcium         13.25
        CBC             normal
        only other notable:     enlarged spleen

Anyone have any clues?  Dr. Williams?

Also - I've raved on about you, Dr. Williams - and Dr. Stiles
is interested to know if you have any publications/books/etc
or recommendations for her.  We would all (Dr. Stiles, myself and
my two fuzzies Duncan and Ferris) appreciate it!

Duncan acts fine - same playful, sweet and oh-so loveable self.
I just don't want to ignore something that needs to be caught NOW!

Ann - I took your recommendations to her - and that prompted the
blood test.  THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!

Duncan the Lion-hearted
Ferris with an attitude
Punkin who thinks she's a BIG DOG
Kelly who thinks the whole thing is ridiculous and FAR beneath her cat-self
Cheryl the human(?) toy to all of the above