From:
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:56:17 -0400
Another sad week at the shelter, i'm afraid to say.  Friday night, mommie
and auntie Carla were coming home from a much needed night on the town.  A
friend of mommies, Kim came running in the door, saying she had terrible
news.  Ruffian, one of the shelter's cats (belonging to auntie Amy) was hit
by a car and left for dead on the side of the road, across the street from
the shelter.

Mommie and auntie Carla rushed Ruffian to the emergency clinic where auntie
Amy works.  Apparently, Ruff was killed instantly with severe trauma to her
little head.  i'm going to miss her.  she didn't much like us ferrets, but
it was still fun to chase her around the shelter from time to time.

Tugger isn't doing so well either.  His poor eyes are filled with small
cysts.  mommie tells me it's from his poor immune system.  Dr. Williams
says there's not much we can do for him except keep him comfortable until
he's ready to cross the bridge.  mommie says he's not ready yet and still
wants to follow Princess around the room.

Hurricane & Tornado as well as Lucky & Joy were adopted this week.  Gidget
went to a good home that will understand her biting habits (she's just
scared) and we took in 6 ferrets.

i'm so sorry i don't have a lot of happy things to say....still really sad
about Ruff.  Her mommie (Amy), my mom, grandma and auntie Carla will miss
her terribly.  Her birthday was supposed to be tomorrow.  She would have
been 5.

Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org
Subscribe to the Ferret Aid e-list at

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!