From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 11:50:31 -0400
Good Morning Everyone!

By the grace of God, we are still here, alive, and for the most part,
okay.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday saw severe weather in our area
again....two weekends in a row! This time, we got hammered pretty hard
and sustained some damage from wind-driven rain and tornados. And,
again, many calls and emails of concern for our safety were received.
We thank you for that.

Arkansas saw the severe weather Friday night with severe winds, rain,
and tornados. I awoke to both Nesbit and Hernando Tornado Warning
sirens going off at 3:50 a.m. Yes, just before 4 a.m., our second
round of severe weather had now begun and did not let up until Sunday
afternoon! Our sirens went off at least a dozen times beginning early
early Saturday morning with tornados touching down south of us and west
of us until Saturday afternoon. And the heavy heavy rains and severe
winds just pounded the mid-south and many areas in MS and TN received
flooding....unbelievable flooding and damage. One tornado did go over
the house again, that's three times now, and touched down west of us
and headed straight for my BFF who lives in southeast Memphis. She has
16 of my kids and, luckily, the tornado dissipated before it got to
any populated areas. I was never so happy to hear from someone in my
life ... she and her ferret family were okay.

Our home did sustain some damage this time. Flooding and roof damage.
But Joe and I and the fuzzits are fine.

At one of the peak rain and wind periods Saturday morning and with
tornado sirens going non-stop, I am out in the driveway (yep in the
rain...) trying to push the river of water with a broom off to the side
of the house to keep the water from overtaking our back doorway. I had
to somehow direct the water to the side of the house so it would flow
down the hill and onto the interstate rather than flood the house. A
real soggy mess. But, believe it or not, I was successful and even
though we sustained some flooding, it could have been a lot worse.

It's just a mess.....a real mess here. With both weekends of severe
weather, flooding, and death and destruction, it will take weeks to
assess and begin rebuilding. Some poor folks in this area did not have
insurance or proper insurance - flood insurance. I guess litigation and
the "wind-driven rain" as opposed to the flooding assertions will start
up all over again....ala Katrina and the coastal litigations. Yuck.

 ....and yes, the wedding will go on as scheduled. Joe and I will be
married Friday, June 4th.

Thankfully, the local weather men here predict a much nicer weekend
coming up....really, we have had enough of this "stuff" for a while.

Just Checking In....

Maren Doshier
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS
(30 mi south of Memphis, TN)