Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:59:35 EST
>So, if  most of the people who attend your shows do test, why not
>require testing?  If you are so concerned about the safety of the
>ferrets at your shows, why  don't you require ADV testing?
>
>My exposure to ADV came at a LIFE/LOS show in Ohio.

Danee,

LIFE and LOS are completely different entities. I took over LOS in 2000
(LIFE ended about 1999/2000) and then LOS became it's own. This is such
a long, long time ago and I was not in charge then but if I remember
correctly, that LIFE show was run like AFA, where the show format was
used but it was in fact the group's show that put that on. Also if I
remember, ADV was still new and as with all shows, every was learning
how to best disinfect and still building procedures to prevent the
spread of ECE and other problems. Please do not associate LIFE with
LOS, as when I took over, everything changed including our show format.
LOS is not LIFE. Many, many people make the assumption because of the
Format used. Also that show not run by the president or vice president
of LOS. Another person took over LIFE shows two years prior to that
show. We had no association with that show other than we used the LIFE
format for some of our shows but we became separate from LIFE prior to
that show.

In reference to why not asking all to test, well, because new show
goers are not familiar with testing. Everyone has their opinion and
I am not sure why you choose to attack my show so close to our show
date. But there is a risk at every show and no show is 100% but I can
say that under my watch, no ADV has been contracted at our shows. I
have been doing the shows for 8 years and I take things seriously
and I watch out for everyone's animals at my show. I take the show
personally. If you beef is with Debi, please take it directly to Deb
and not on an open public forum. We do not all have to agree with
every procedure or requirement of shows, but I do not agree with some
other show formats, but I do not publicly slam them or tear down their
requirements to reduce or scare people away from other shows. So please
don't do this to mine.