From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:26:49 -0500
CB (male estimated age 5 years old) just received his 2nd implant last
Saturday and so far so good.

CB had exploratory surgery in March, 2005.  Adrenal glands were perfect.
We did the surgery b/c he showed all the signs of adrenal.  So it wasn't
a total waste we did remove nodes on his pancreas.

After the surgery he continued to have significant fur loss to the point
he looked like a man trying to conceal his baldness by doing a comb-over!
I didn't want to open him up again so soon so we went with the implant.
Within 4 weeks he looked like his old self again.  He's fluffy and soft,
putting on weight and much less itchy.

Since CB is young and healthy we will do another surgery next year but in
the meantime I wanted to make him as comfortable as possible.

I'd had several people tell me the implants were only "cosmetic".  Since
I would never want an unnecessary procedure done on anyone, I asked my
vet about this on our last visit.  She reminded me that in males it can
become difficult to pass urine so there was a sound medical reason for
what I was doing.

The only downside to all this is that CB HATES going to the vet so much
that he has diarrhea for days afterward!  And since we go to the vet
every 6 weeks for a BG test that's a lot of poo!

Connie, CB, Piper, Penelope, and JD
Missing and always thinking of Butch, Maggie and Chloe at the bridge