From:
Kaye J FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:29:28 +0000
Some more sad news, from the UK this time.

Buzz died on Saturday night.  He hadn't put on much weight this autumn, but
was lively and chirpy enough, so I didn't worry too much.  It's been really
cold recently and I've given them extra hay in their sleeping box, plus old
baby blankets and they've all been really snuggly, Buzz especially.  When I
went to feed them on Saturday night, he couldn't really move...........kept
dropping his head down on the floor.  I phoned the vet (who of course was
shut by now!) and made an appointment for the next monring, and agreed it
sounded like something to do with his nervous system (tumour?) and to keep
him warm and hydrated.  But he started having problems breathing later on
and as I was phoning the emergency vet to come out at 3 am (I was on my own
with 3 young kids and no car), he just faded away in my arms.

Alex (9 y.o. son who really owns Buzz and Woody) and I both had a big weep
together as we laid him to rest.  I wish I could've helped him along a bit
quicker, but I really didn't think he'd go so fast.  I don't know what it
was he died of, but I hope its not anything contagious............I don't
think it is, from the symptoms.

When the weather warms up a bit, we'll bury him in the garden next to Fred,
our JRT who died this august.  They used to go out rabbiting and for walks
together.  They'll keep each other company:-))

K.

+ Wee Jock, Woody, Magenta & Columbia...............missing Buzz a lot:-(

LOST DOGS UK (List of Lost & Stolen Dogs)
http://www.pavilion.co.uk/lostdogsuk/
A Free, Internet & Web Based Service to Dog Owners