From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 12:13:27 -0400
>From:    Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Canned vs dry Sci diet

>You are confusing the canned version with the bag version - I do not feed
>nor recommend dry Sci Diet for ferrets for several reasons, but the canned
>is very good for weaning and teething ferrets.  With cans, you have to
>remember that the water content makes the formulation for protein and fats
>different.

Sorry, Pam, I *was* thinking dry food.  But you're right, it doesn't make as
much of a difference when making mush.  Canned food is much easier to make
mush with but personally I like to use the same food they will be fed dry as
the base for my mush so I don't have to worry as much about them being
finicky about the taste of their dry food (although I have yet to have a
ferret refuse the food I feed now).  I put all the ingredients in the
blender and it works great.  I can even slowly lessen the amount of time
blended to make it progressively chunkier to help along the teething/weaning
process.  Also, usually on canned foods they have a guaranteed dry analysis
(not sure if SciDi has this) so you can see what the true values are.

Hope everything's going well for you at Pet Pals!!

Have a fuzzy day,
Tracy
Mid-Michigan Ferrets
GLFA Show Registrar