From:
Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:20:53 -0400
Good Morning to ALL and there Fuzzies.
Hope all is well with everyone!!!! :-)

I just want to share with all of you my experience of training my
untrainable Fuzzie, Trouble.  I have done just about everything I can to
train Trouble to go poop in the box or on paper which he does go on paper
most of the time, but every now and then he will poop on the carpet where
he wants to.  Before I go on I just want to clarify that I have NEVER used
any kind of hitting tactics or rubbing his nose in the poop to train him,
or nose thumping whatsoever I don't believe in hitting animals or children
at all!!!!

I have just gotten a new couch and already Trouble has tunneled his way
into the inside of the couch and I had to flip the couch over and put a
little hole in the bottom lining to retrieve the little stinker, I had
already removed the legs so they couldn't go under the couch, but go figure
he found a way into the couch anyway :-)

So I went on a mission to train him to stay off the couch.  Everytime he
would climb on the couch I would catch him, scruff him, and say a very firm
NO as I look into to his eyes and then put him down else where.  Well, Lo
and Behold, after 4 weeks of doing this, the mission I was on has finally
paid off!!!!! :-)  Even though he still comes to the couch all I have to
say is a firm NO and he goes away to play else where.  I find this to be
very very cool as you all know how hard it is to train fuzzies.  I know
they are trainable but it takes more time and patience then your average
pets like dogs or cats.

Just to let you know that my other more trainable babies only took a couple
of days to learn not to climb up on the couch.  For some reason or another
Trouble is more slower in learning and always has been, but I love him no
less for it especially when he gives me lots and lots of kisses and looks
into my eyes as if to say THANKS MOMMY for understanding me!!!!!!  :-) He
will ALWAYS have a special place in my HEART!!!!!!! :-)

One more thing, an update on my fat little Joey.  His weight still stands
at 4.25 lbs and even though he is shedding now he has not lost any weight.
I exercise him daily by walking him on his harness everyday outside on our
catwalk in my condo.  I also run with him through my living room at least
10 times a day.  My vet can't find anything wrong with him, he has had
blood work done to check for everything and anything that could possibly be
wrong with him, but nothing has been found.  I was told he's just a fat and
healthy baby!!!!!  He war dances and wrestles with the rest of the crew and
seems to keep up with them all so I will stop worrying about him as much
and maybe I will stop getting more gray hairs!!!!!!!  :-)

Thanks for listening, and my PRAYERS go out to ALL sick and homeless
Fuzzies in the world, and my sympathies for all that have lost there
fuzzies recently.

Dawn, Tazy, Trouble, Rosy, and baby Joey
http://community.webtv.net/tazyd/AllAboutMyFerrets

http://community.webtv.net/tazyd/My4LeggedChildren

http://community.webtv.net/tazyd/FamilyAlbum