From:
Duane Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:37:22 -0700
>I was very upset after reading Duane's post about the two young
>ferrets he rescued from the lady who wanted to have them put to sleep.
>He said he would like to shake some sense into this lady.

Hello, my wife and I have had ferrets for over four years now and
currently have twenty fuzzies.  Some we have gotten as kits but most
are rescues.  Of the rescues, some of the owners had good reasons to
surrender their ferrets.  Other owners were just plain goofy.  Please
understand that I am not a violent person but I have a low tolerance for
stupid people who endanger the life of any animal.  I have lost sleep
caring for a sick fuzzy during the night because of other peoples
mistakes and I will do so as long as I have these wonderful critters.

>I wonder about the vet who quoted $80 to put the ferret to sleep.
>Would the vet actually euthanize a healthy young animal?  If so, that
>ought to be looked into.  I'm hoping the woman just called and got the
>price without giving any details.

Good Point, I will have to look into that.  Perhaps I could put our
name and number with the vet if this happens again.  Right now I am to
capacity and working as a free privet placement service.  Since what I do
is free, I get to say who takes a ferret and educate people about ferret
care.  So far it has worked great.

Duane

Duane & Linda Watts and the fuzzies
Podo, Spooky, Dozier, Taz, Suger, Romeo,
Skeeter, Scooter, Blaze, Chance, Ann,
Cocoa, Sarah, Gidget, Sandi, Raven, Jasmin,
Daisy,Bennie,Rascal,
And Sabrina (our Dog)
Missing: Bandit, Mindy, and Mandy