From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 22:31:33 EST
A few posts came in today that were pretty much off-topic for the FML but
perhaps related enough that a brief mention of them might be useful.  So
rather than just rejecting them, I'll summarize and save some space this way.

Charlotte Epley-Vorick <[log in to unmask]> sent in an alert about a
Sears store in Raleigh, NC that has decided to sell puppies and kittens --
apparently they're hoping to sell LOTS of them.  She notes that if puppies
and kittens today, maybe ferrets will be next.  For those wishing to voice an
opinion, this Sears at Crabtree Valley Mall can be reached at 919-510-5300.
Sears corporate customer relations (I always felt that was an oxymoron) can
be reached at 800-762-3048.

An anonymous poster wishes to remind us "to try to be a little considerate
of those whose religious beliefs do not include the [Christmas] holiday".
The person continues: "by all means enjoy your celebrations with those who
share your beliefs but allow those of us who choose to not participate
without being treated like there is something wrong with us."

"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]> sent a somewhat cryptic
post with a subject of "Farms"... I assume it has to do with the Marshall
Farms debate?  She said: "...just because I boycotted grapes in the 70's
doesn't mean I was anti-Hispanic and just because I boycotted tuna till they
came up with dolphin safe labels doesn't mean I was anti-dolphin..."

And that folks, concludes today's edition of the FML.

Bill