From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:38:11 -0700
Tis' our late season.

We just had a ferret dropped off today.  A big sable male about 2 years
old.  I haven't seen him yet, Shawn just took him in.

About a week or so ago we got a call from a guy who said he needed a
ferret rescued.  I called him back twice and left messages both times.
He never called back.  just showed up at our door and dropped the poor
boy off.

The guy that dropped him off didn't want anything to do with him.  He did
tell Shawn that his name is Baby and that he was 2 years old and he was
purchased at the local pet store here in town.

He is in a very small cage with a UPS box to sleep in.  There was no
litter box or food in with him.  He appears to have been eating something
at least cause Shawn said he was pretty big.

He is still rather scared and just kind of nipped at Shawn.  He does like
to be held and ride on shoulders.  He seems shy and very neglected.  So
it will take some time to get him to be a ferret again.  Shawn did just
call and tell me not to put my hands into his cage because he just got
bit.  So Baby is very protective over his cage.  Shawn went to reach in
to put a litter box in there and Baby was in the cage.  Poor boy.  both
Shawn and Baby!

I'll know more when I get home about this little guy.  We'll work on
getting him to the vet this week or next to get his shots started.  Want
to make sure we know more about his personality before dragging him to
the vets.  He does appear healthy so there shouldn't be too much of a
rush.

I'll try to get some pictures posted to our website for everyone.

Hope everyone is safe.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz