From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:46:36 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Finally, the weasels appreciate my cooking!

Instead of giving the ladies (Switch the Kit and Sabrina the Bat-Biter)
the usual Ferretone weasel grease treat tonight, I tried giving them some
unsalted roasted chicken grease from the bottom of the pan in a spoon.
The result...ever see a ferret hang upsidedown from a spoon like a
three-toed giant sloth?  You have to imagine them making that ourtageously
ridiculous licking face while hanging!  (Lap-lap-lap-lap-lap
squint-squint-squint)

They liked that recipe even better than my usual Ferret Blue-Plate
Specials..the ever popular whole raw potato or carrot to drag around and
stash under the furniture, or the dessert to end all desserts, two Honey
Nut Cheerios served with tap-water from the hanging bottle.

The ladied licked the spoon clean, then rubbed their greasy whiskers clean
on the cage floor.

My husband has been known to make that classic ridiculous grease licking
face at me in public.  He waits until only I can see him, then he squints
his eyes and lets me have it.  I cannot help myself, no matter how serious
the circumstances are, I crack up totally.  As soon as anyone else turns
to look at him he stops cold, leaving me looking like a lunatic.

Alexandra in Massachusetts