From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:42:29 EST
Yes, this adorable boy's owners came for him this morning.  It was a
tearful mommy who called me up at 8am, they had been out putting up flyers
at the local vets, and they happened to go to one I left my number at :o)
He was missing for a little over a day.  They described him as tan (he's
cinnamon so it was close enough) I told them to come on by, bring photos,
vet record, and their flier and we'll see if it's him.  I was dead on at
putting him at just over a year old <wink>  And when his parents saw his
injuries, they cried.  I gave them some nail cutting tips as a gentle
hint.  She hugged me so much and it was so touching.  He has a little
Pomeranian buddy who has missed him terribly.  He is JUST getting close
to his rabies expiring, so I told her about the 10 day quarantine before
getting them renewed.  They signed a release form stating they are aware
of his injuries which he had when he came here, and possible exposure to
illness, and that they do not hold me responsible for them.  They still do
not know how he escaped.  I told her to check her dryer hose attachments
to the wall, and showed them how I make baby gates ferret proof.  They
gave me a small reward, and want to come back to find "Henry" a ferret
friend soon.  He was obviously relieved to see them again, did his same
soft sigh and cuddle routine and had a smile, I swear!

This fella really had an angel looking out for him, he crossed a very
busy street to get to where he was found, and ran the gauntlet of cats
one neighbor keeps outside (like, 20 cats!  I know because these folks
live in the same condo association as my mom-small world!) which explains
the bites he has.  He is their baby and we were all crying and happy.
And he'll be back for visits when his parents go out of town so we'll get
to see him now and then.  Plus, they'll be by for visits with the other
fuzzies just for chats.  I told them they are always welcome to ask any
questions they may have, and, I learned that their vet was one I called,
whose receptionist said none of their patients was lost.  They will be
switching vets, I told them who mine was, and gave them a few other
recommendations off the top of my head.  Happy endings for Henry!

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Samoyeds, Ferrets and Rescue
of Galloway, Ohio
www.mystyxcritters.com