From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 14:58:44 -0400
I am sorry that you had to be put through that, and sorry for the ferrets,
who were probably happier in the days with you than they had been ever.
Knowing, personally, what it is like to take in ferrets who may have
been/have been abused, it makes me sick to my stomach.

She won't respond to reason, that is clear.  But she will respond to money.
If she will sign surrender papers to you, I will send her money for the
other three ferrets.  I can't send it all at once, and it may only be $20 a
month, or a paycheck, but I will.

If you keep them, I will sponsor them until you get them adopted out or if
you decide to keep them permanently.

I think her ex and you stand a good chance on getting the other three.  At
least he sounds like he has a clue.  She obviously doesn't, and doesn't
seem to want one.  Maybe the vet can get involved, too, with signs of
neglect.  I can guarantee she wouldn't want to be investigated for animal
abuse.  That would look real good on top of what ever charges she already
has for her children.

I just think of my own.  Especially my Bailey, who was malnourished and
sick when we bought her fully grown from a pet store where her owner had
dumped her.  The vet said she would have probably died with in a day.
Instead, we spoiled her rotten for two years until Insulinoma took her.
She was loved, she was worshipped.  They deserve that, too.

Please keep me informed, and maybe some of us can band together to get them
to safe homes.

Julie