From:
Richmond Ferret Rescue League <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:36:46 -0000
Hi FMLer's,
It was a quiet day here at our Shelter when we received the news that Dayna
had gone to visit the Rainbow Bridge.  The ferrets which we picked up are
doing very well.

I really want to say a big, overdue THANK YOU to Faith Hood from Ferrets
R #1, who drove down and picked up 14 of Dayna's ferrets, as we already
had 38 ferrets in our Shelter.  And we would have never had enough food
and supplies if it weren't for JOE at THE FERRET STORE who expedited bags
of great ferret food for these guys at no charge.

Thank you for Judith White's support and help with coordinating food &
supplies, and also for hooking us up with the people in Amherst, VA.
to arrange a smooth "ferret-pickup".  And Thank You, Lisa, Ferret
Haven-by-the-Sea, for listening to me fuss, fret, and worry, and thank
you so much for all of your excellent advice, no matter the circumstance.
And for your sense of humor:-)

Thank you, Gordon, for the cage locks and for the computer you're hard at
work on.  And thank you, Frances Lester for the wonderful supplies you
brought us!  Science Diet AD, wood stove pellets and Ferretvite!!  You
cut nails beautifully!  Thank you Tracie for your kindness & support!

Dayna has/had some wonderful friends.

One thing I learned from this rescue, is that anything can happen, anytime.
Shelters, please take the time to put name plates on your cages with 3x5
cards that have the ferrets name and a brief description listed.  I spent
the last few weeks putting photos of each ferret in their folders- and
we've ordered cage name plates to further identify these guys.  God forbid,
if anything were to suddenly happen to me and/or my husband, someone would
have to come in and figure out WHO all these ferrets are.  Their ages,
illnesses, diet, etc.  Folders don't help much when the only description
is "sable MF male".  Try matching the folder with the ferret!

Dayna's ferrets are doing great, but we don't know their names or their
histories.  This could happen to any shelter.  I know it scared me into
better organization!  Thank you, Dayna, for teaching me this sad lesson.

Marlene B. -Richmond Ferret Rescue League