From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:55:23 -0500
Shelter news: We were empty (well, almost) for all of a week.  We've just
had six lovely 2-year-olds transferred from Mass.  by a wonderful shelterer
down there who happens to be overloaded.  And another pair is showing
up Sunday.  So--anyone in Maine who's looking for another ferret (or two--
these are all pairs), we have some lovelies.  Lucifer and Jadrian are a
pair of sweet cuddly boys: Luce is an albino, Jadrian a very light sterling
with a black nose and whiskers (gorgeous).  Toby and Cassie are very much
into each other, and love human attention.  Toby's a light sable/sable
point, and Cassie's a very tiny little dark sable who likes to sit on
shoulders.  And Bear and Farren--Bear's a 4-pound monster sable boy, a real
cuddler, but an alpha ferret type.  Farren's a light chocolate with great
big eyes, and a little bitty girl.  She's intensely sweet and a real
spotlight-stealer.

I don't know how many fellow Mainers are on the FML, but if you're
interested in any of these guys, let me know!

>I haven't seen anyone post about their ferrets winter coats this year, and
>was curious to know if anyone in New England, NH, has noticed that their
>ferrets haven't gotten a heavy winter coat this year.  Mine started to shed
>the begining of October and then stopped.  They have a very lite coat this
>year.  Nothing like last year.  I have 10 ferrets and they are all like
>that.  Maybe a real mild winter this year?  Boy I sure hope so.  They eat
>Totally Ferret and duck soup and are all very healthy, even my almost 7 yr
>old Skittles.

My ferrets are still shedding their coats, but you're right, the new coats
they have look like summer coats more than winter.  My theory is because
it's been an unseasonably warm October this year.  I mean, it's November
and we haven't gotten a single snowflake yet.

Last year it snowed on October 11th.

A note to folks: yet another online sale going on at petopia.com.  They're
doing $20 off any purchase of $30 or more.  Since for us that meant a free
20 pound bag of Nutro kitten food--which they sell at a low price--it was
worth it.  I'm not sure if it's a special promotional they sent to me, or
if it applies to everyone who goes to their site right now.  If it's just
me, email me and I'll send you the message I got.  :-)

Jen and the Crazy Business
http://home.maine.rr.com/tesseract