From:
NEIL JOHN MCSHANNON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 15:50:21 -0600
To anyone who may have some info: My little girl (Peanut-7 months) was
diagnosed with proliferative colitis and was put on meds (can't remember the
name but have seen it in info about colitis).  The vet checked her stool and
it was negative for parasites.  Here are her symptoms: She is still very
playful and active and not lethargic, she is eating smalls meals but her
appetite isn't as large as it usually is, she is drinking as is not
dehydrated, for about a week now, her stools have been real strange.  The
first day, she had frequent, white or clear muscousy "seedy" stools; later
that day, they turned into green, watery diarrhea.  The next day, they were
formed green stools and were still "seedy".  Now, they are usually formed
stools (not diarrhea) but are green and "seedy".  They definately are not
normal.  She is eating Max Cat food as she always has.  The vet said it may
take up to two weeks before we know if the meds are working!!  I'm worried
that she may have something else!  my other ferret has not caught was she
has but Peanut did catch it from other ferrets she was around a few days
before as these ferrets also developed these symptoms.  Could it be the
green mystery diarrhea disease?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!  By
the way, it has been a week since her weird stools started and four days
since she started her meds and no change!

| Neil McShannon                                           |
| MIS                                                      |
| [log in to unmask]       137.48.1.8             |