From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:29:38 -0500
I've been avoiding this particular line, but something today caught my eye:

Elaine Rudik wrote:
>Despite a lot of flaming against the Coles of Kit and Caboodle Ferretry,
>they have now been given a ringing endorsement by the president of the
>American Ferret Association. . .

>...The AFA president said she has talked to them many times, they are good
>Christian people who care deeply for their ferrets.  They also have plenty
>of capital to go to ferret shows across the entire country, entering 40
>ferrets in each show, supporting local clubs and sponsoring show rings.

Not to be a "Pessimistic Pete" here, but having plenty of capital to infuse
into an organization -- or their events -- is often times enough to elicit
a ringing endorsement from them.  I'm not a member of the AFA and know
little about their organization; I certainly hope their ethical standards
are high enough to refuse to endorse a breeder which does not have the
best interest of its ferrets in mind.  I don't know the Coles and can't
speak to their practices; I certainly hope that they deserve the ringing
endorsement.  However, one must keep in mind that the AFA's ringing
endorsement does not necessarily relfect on good breeding practices.
Again: no accusations, just food for thought.

Andy, Cody, Lily, Tripod Bob, Oscar, and Witzy