From:
Sarah Asbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:00:59 -0600
I just got caught up with reading my fml mail, and the news of the 800
ferrets was very upsetting.  Does any one have info on the current
situation.

On a lighter note-
We have been trying to get our two to eat some chicken.  I work in a
deli, and we pick the breast meat off the rotisserie.  I was picking the
chickens, and decided to bring some home for the babies.  I picked the
tastiest looking pieces from the freshest birds and bought it.  That
night i tore some into tiny pieces and dipped them in ferretone.  We took
out the ferrets one at a time.  Pendleton consented to swallow two tiny
pieces after we put them on his tongue.  Bobbie however, was a little
brat.  We got the chicken in her mouth, and it stayed it.  I was praising
her for eating the yummy chickie when she opened her mouth and spit the
piece out right on my shirt.  Any ideas on how to get them to eat
chicken?  I really thought the ferretone would do the trick, but I guess
not.  Bobbie made her opinion very clear!