Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:05:15 -0400
Hi my ferret loving friends.  I want to wish you all a very, very Happy New
Year, and I still have to get a post together and thank each and every one
of you for your condolences and support for the loss of my Jade Elaine :o)
You all have been wonderful.  Here is something amazing, (well for me
anyway) that has happened on New Year's Eve :o) First let me tell you a
little about Amber-Lynn, it's leads up to what she did for me :o)

I haven't let Amber-Lynn in my closet.  That was "Jade's Lair".  I just
don't have the heart to let her in there, not just yet.  Everything is
still in the closet just the "exact" same order that Jader left it.  In his
last few days, he took 5 jingle balls in there.  His afghan is in there
too.

New Years Eve was nice and quiet at home.  Oh how I wish that Jade were
here to spend New Years with me.  I wanted that so much, what a milestone
it would have been for the both of us.  I wore my oversized bunnyhug (aka
sweatshirt with a hood.) It was a Christmas present from Jader in '98.  He
used to love going for walks and being in the hood :o) This may sound silly
to you, but Jade was in my hood anyways :o) I put the little velvet pouch
(his remains) in my hood.

Ok, in my kitchen the ferrets can literally "get underneath" my cupboards.
There is a ball in there.  It came with the house I guess.  I could always
hear Jade, Daisy and Amber take their turns at noseing it around, but none
of them would ever bring it out.  I saw the ball a few years back, it was
a red white and blue ball, about the size of a "boulder marble".  About
2 years ago Jade stuck his head out with the ball in his mouth, but the
little gaffer wouldn't bring it out.  He left it underneath the cupboard.
That was the first and last time that I had ever seen the ball.  I've
wanted that ball more and more especially since his death and there was
absoultely no way that I could get the ball, short of ripping out the
cupboards.

I was sitting in the kitchen with Jade's remains in my hood, just thinking
about how much I would have loved him to bring in 2000 with me.  Your not
going to believe this, but Amber-Lynn went in under the cupboard and
brought the ball out!!!  I put it in my hood with Jader.  Of all days for
Amber bring the ball to me, New Years Eve.  Coincidence?  I don't think so,
she knew......

Come the countdown, I had Jader & the ball in my hood, Daisy in my right
hand and Amber-Lynn in my left hand.  It was wonderful :o)  I was happy,
more happy than I have been in a long time.

PS:  I have opened Jade's Lair (closet) to Amber-Lynn.  She loves it in
there :o)

  Jadesun, Dai Mai n' Amber-Lynn
  terribly missing Jade Elaine :o(
 http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/jadesun