From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:19:45 -0400
7 year old 'Chopper who has had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy for a while is
now experiencing perpheral adema.  She look like she has a thoracic
infection because it looks like large axillary nodes, but it's not -- it's
fluid and it's responsive to Furosemide.  Now she has 1.5 ml of that (10
mg/ml) three times a day.  Her medications might have to be further adjusted
soon.  Don't know if ehr Digoxin can be altered once more.  Every day that
she has a happy life is one extra gift, and it's been that way for some
time now.  She's not hurting, but I gather that if her perpheral adema
increases she may have bad limb swelling and more changes will have to go
with that to make sure that her quality of life is there, since that's what
counts.  Eventually one day she just won't be here anymore; I hope she is
lucky enough to stay confortable right up to then and to pass in her sleep.
Meanwhile, she is having time no one expected her to have and she's getting
in hundreds of extra kissys.

6 year old Spot is recovering nicely from the stroke he had in relation to
his mystery illness, but he's not in a normal range health-wise just in
general.

6 year old Meeteetse's vaginal infection is responding well to antibiotics.

Everyone else is well, although Ashling and Scooter are both getting pot
bellies because they climb into Spot's recovery room and steal his AD mixed
with butter and his pound cake.  (Hey, anything which gets him to eat keeps
him alive; if you don't like that then you've never handled anything like
this stupid illness.)

Oh, and Jumpstart wants you to know that he thinks that Meeteetse smells
good enough to stash and dragged her from the hall across the computer room
and was trying to place her behind the bookcases when I reached them.  (We
realize that she might still have something else going on -- most likely an
infected uterine stump or a low-grade adrenal, if anything -- but as long
as there is no other impact on her well-being and this holds her then we
aren't going to take measures drastic enough to possibly reduce her current
level of health.)

Caught up with some work yesterday since rain in ragweed season literally
gives me a breather, and have a pile of useful things from Jeanne, Troy
Lynn, and Dick   (THANK YOU!!!!) for our FG&W and to be sent to the lawyers
handling the court case (a separate thing).  Roger Cara's letter on ferrets
being domestic companion animals is a gas!!!!!!

Sukie