From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:51:41 -0400
Common parasites:
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/common_parasites.txt

Small insects: Sue, call your local Cooperative Extension Service to
find out what the insect is and then what the best approach is.  There
are a pile of small insects that can show up in plant pots and some are
pests, some are just there, and others are actually beneficial insects.
Certainly tanglefoot sticky bars will work for about anything, but if
they are beneficial ones you may want to let them get a foot-hold
instead.  You'd be surprised at how expensive it is to buy the eggs of
some of the pinhead sized stingless beneficial wasps that kill plant
pests.

Well, Kim, I guess that the funniest ferret moment we had involved
Hjalmar many years ago.  Gosh , it has to be about 18 years ago now, and
back then I still had a figure and could wear shortie tops with a
strapless bra which I was doing that day.  Steve and I were trying to get
Hjalmie, at that point a kit, used to car rides so we decided to take him
to the Wagner's Dairy which used to make and sell the most incredible
milk, heavy cream, and egg nog.  Steve went into their farm store while I
stood outside holding Hjalmar and chatting with an elegant older man who
was interested in our kit.  Then a co mooed.  Well, Hjalmar headed for
the safest place he could find -- down the front of my blouse.  I'm not
sure who had the redder face when my dislodged bra appeared dangling from
my waist with a startled kit sitting in one cup.