Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:21:37 -0500
Hello all.

Here's a quick background and an explanation of my idea.

Last year, my husband and I bought a Victorian house near Muncie, Indiana.
We're doing a total restoration and it's in an area we're trying to
esablish as an historic district.

Next door is a "Painted Lady," another Victorian home that was being
remodeled.  It is really cool, blue, purple and beige.  It is also,
egads!!  four apartments.  We were okay with this because the owner is a
state representative and we reasoned that he would get a bad name with bad
tenants, so he'd get good, quiet, law-abiding tenants.  Well, last week,
the house was finished and it went up for sale!!!!

Now, any old slum-lord can buy the place!!

So, we started scheming.  Our house has us tapped, but my mother-in-law is
in real-estate investing, so we proposed that she buy it, we manage it and
now WE control the tenants.

First off, I haven't even seen inside it yet.  Not till tomorrow or so.
I'm currently doing the market research to see if it's a good investment
for her and to see the rental rates and all locally.  If all works out, we
may have four apartments to rent in east-central Indiana.  Of course, we'd
be pet-friendly and hopefully good landlords.

So, if any of you are looking for a rental in the area, we MAY be able to
help.  For now, it's just a chance, got to inspect, go through research,
etc., but I thought I'd lay it on the table anyway.

I hope it works out.  We'd hate to see rowdy folks next door, it's such a
nice neighborhood!

Jaclyn KMIE
"Only pilots live life in all three dimensions."
http://flyingferrets.homestead.com