From:
Silly Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 04:04:00 -0700
I am looking to adopt one or possibly two ferrets around the Sacramento
area.  I had a ferret when I lived in the south where it's legal to have
them and have always wanted another one since I moved here over 5 years
ago, but of course it's not that easy to find one.  I know they sell them
in Reno, but they don't seem to have any right now in the pet stores
because the weather has been too hot to transport them.

I can be very discreet.  I personally think it should be legal to have
them here in California and I hope the law changes soon.  If anyone has
a ferret or maybe two that need a good home please let me know.  I don't
mind driving a little distance as long as it's not too far.  I have
experience caring for many types of animals, have even taken in wild ones
before in rescue type situations when I was living in the south.  I
resued baby possums from their mother's pouch after some had been killed
by cars or dogs.  I also took in lot's of stray dogs and cats and had a
variety of other pets, including my ferret "Slinky".  He died and it was
really hard on me and my husband because we were so attached to him.  He
was a total sweetheart and so funny.  Anyway I would love to get another
ferret.

Please e-mail me if you know of a ferret that needs to be adopted.
Thanks.

~Sheri~