From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 09:55:01 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

I miss Valerie.  Has anyone else noticed that she has stopped posting
since this "Military Reject" thread started bloating in the sun like a
dead 'possum?

Anyone here remember being 19, maybe 20?  I do.  First she gets rejected
by the Military.  Ouch.  If I were Valerie, my 19, maybe 20 year old self
would be feeling pretty well rejected by the FML, too, right now.  See,
even I'M adding myself to the list of people talking ABOUT her, and not
to her as if she were a collie or something.

Guess what.  Valerie is our peer.  She is a ferret person.  She is one of
us.  Just a thought.

Now.  About this military rejection business.

Valerie, you need to give up this Air Force idea.  Your slight loss of
hearing and vision makes you an absolutely ideal candidate for the Army,
specifically in Artillery!  After a few hours of firing a 105 mm Howitzer
NOBODY can hear s***.  It's not like enemy tanks can tiptoe up on
you...you are not required to listen for them.  That's why tanks have
sights and GPS targeting stuff, all the bells and whistles that our tax
dollars can outfit 'em with.

Clank-clank, you'd make a bitchin' tank!

Alexandra in Massachusetts