From:
Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:46:20 -0400
>Ok, I know that this is bad, and I do not allow Oscar to do this, but I
>noticed that the little fuzzbutt likes to eat soap!  Preferably Bath &
>Body Works Raspberry soaps.  Has anyone else experienced these lil poopers
>trying to nibble nibble on bars of soap?  Odd, if I do say so myself.

I've heard of ferrets eating soap before.  Mine don't have access to soap,
so I haven't experienced this strange phenomenon.  I have no idea if it
good for them or not.  I guess we can't threaten to wash their mouths out
with soap for being naughty though!

As for toys, mine have a variety of purchased and homemade/stolen toys.
There's lots of soft, plushy cat toys as well as the few ferret ones.  I
have a Kong that is made especially for ferrets.  There is a ball made of
crackly stuff, and a little mouse that squeaks when they move it.  They
also like to steal socks, oven mitts, dish towels, and harnesses.  I have,
in the past, purchased them little balls of fur that you can find in the
cat aisle, but they either love or hate those so much that they carry them
everywhere, including the litterbox, and they eventually have to be thrown
away because they get so icky.  Impromptu toys include empty boxes,
newspapers (especially if they can be pushed off the coffee table),
anything on my desk (beware your mousepad!), and empty plastic or paper
bags.  Carefully supervise if you want to use plastic bags.  Mine have
never had a problem, but i've heard of ferrets chewing on them before.
Mine mostly like to play hide and seek, or king of the bag in them,
although Joey once looped a handle around his neck and wore it like a
cape.  He really love that game.  My three also love to attack towels if
they are swung through the air.  I haven't tried "magic towel rides" but
I've heard they are a big hit as well.

Anyone else have any other ideas?  My fuzzies are always up for fun.

Natalie and the *3* furry snakes