Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:06:53 -0800
It pains me greatly to inform us of any passing, but Richie’s pains me
so much more because it did not have to be. This is a waste of so much
life left to live in a very sweet ferret. It was not his time and the
hurt and anger over this are tremendous. He was heading up hill early
in the week after being given fluids, eating and looking perkier. Just
as quickly as he began improving, he went down hill again becoming
lethargic, cold with no desire to live. Thanks to being dumped off
after being with his people for his entire life of 4 years, Richie just
couldn’t understand what he did to deserve this, refused to accept it
and opted to not go on. How truly sad. I sometimes wonder if the shoe
was on the other foot, would the animals choose to abandon their humans
in ANY situation? No. They would not. I think that makes them a little
bit higher on the evolutionary emotional scale than some humans.
Interesting thought to ponder. Caroline wanted me to thank The Guardian
Angel of Hope who sent thoughts and well wishes EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Richie’s own people weren’t even that concerned. This woman promised
to come get them if they started to stress out. This was one of those
situations where they were being taken care of, probably could use more
personal attention, but were being cared for and before the son went to
college, given lots of attention and love. I contacted her at the first
sign of stress and she started dancing. She had no intention of keeping
her word. Instead she offered to place them with a friend of her son’s
which I refused to do. This was not what Richie wanted. Rest assured,
she will be hearing from me AND Caroline. The least she deserves is a
guilt trip.

My Peanut joined her Eddie and Lola at the Bridge @ 0400 hrs this
morning. She was an old lady with adrenal, recently starting with
insulinoma. When I got home last night, she was seizing and screaming.
That was my second screamer. God how I hate that sound. She settled
down after being given pred and some calming herbs. She struggled and
did not want to leave, passing in my arms several hours later. This
was a tough one.

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive through Richie’s ordeal.

Hug your little ones extra tight tonight.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.