From:
Heather Batykefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:22:00 -0400
I have three older ferrets (1-2 years old) and I just recently bought a
baby ferret to add to my ferret family (I wanted to have 2 boys and 2
girls to make my family "even").  Anyway, my older ferrets do not like
this new guy and they try to grab him by the neck and drag him across the
room.  I know that they all won't accept this little guy overnight, but I
want to know if the neck grabbing is normal behavior.  I tried putting
ferretone on the back of Kazoo's (my newest edition) neck, but once it is
all licked off, they all go back to biting him.  I have Kazoo in his own
cage, and keeping him like that is not a problem.  He is honestly an
awesome ferret; I don't know how I got so lucky.  He hits the litter
boxes 100% of the time, loves to go for walks on a leash, and loves to
cuddle and fall alseep in my lap.  Don't get me wrong, I love my other
three ferrets a ton, but they are more independent.  I just don't want
this little guy to be under anymore stress than he has to when meeting
his future brother and sisters.  Any help/suggestions with this matter
would be greatly appreciated!

Dooks to all,
Heather and her four fuzzies (Madison, Phantom, Bear, and the newest
edition, Kazoo)