From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:17:43 -0600
Oh boy, every year since my kids have been old enough for school I alway
dread getting one of THOSE letters from the school nurse "your child has
been exposed t o HEAD LICE".

Crawly things make me frantic to say the least and I really don't belive
that all the head lice treatments on the market really work... I think
the little buggers have become immune to the stuff.

My question is, (and please forgive the anon posting)  If you find that
your home has indeed been invaded by these unsavory little critters can
they be transferred to your fuzzies????  We seem to have picked up a
case of them from the children next door who unfortunately spent the
night at my house several times when thier A/C was out and I couldn't
see having a 9, 10, 11 and 13 year old trying to sleep after triple
digit temperatures during the day in a house with no AC.

I have bought all the traditional treatments; Nix and the spray for
bedding, washed everything I could in hot water and dried everything I
could in a hot dryer 2 or 3 times.  Vacuumed over and over again and
emptied the cannister in between.  Pulled down the fuzzies cage covers
and washed all them and cleaned out the cag es in the back yard and put
in fresh bedding and hammies.  Used 10 of those cans of bedding spray and
sprayed everything I could with it (and yes I kept my fuzzies in another
closed room while all this spraying was going on.  I'm pretty sure I
have eliminated them from my children and I don't think I had them but
I treated myself just to make sure.

I use advantage on my cat, 2 dogs and my fuzzies for fleas and haven't
had a problem with fleas for a long time now.

Will advantage work to kill head lice if my fuzzies can pick them up
and how the heck am I going to get that little a** comb through all that
thick wonderful fuzzie fur?

My vet doesn't know if they can pick them up or not and thinks that
Advantage should kill them if they do.but I want to make sure because as
any of you who have had to treat for this are well aware THAT STUFF IS
EXPENSIVE!!!!

thanks to any ideas or suggestions or maybe even a vets reply

[SP]