From:
Dorcus Pointer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:46:41 EST
>From:    THOMAS D OSBURN <[log in to unmask]>
I was thinking of putting a child's swimming pool of this peanuts in the
>ferret room.... My husband says that they would not decompose fast enough
>in their tiny stomachs, that I am looking for trouble.

We have a large box that the new stove came in cut down and the ferts love
there corn starch pellet box and we have used them for now going on 2 years
with no problems, and yes I have caught a few munching on them, I also have
found it kind of dry cleans them, it rids them of excess oil without drying
there skin, so mine get there box to play in, and I get the joy and
laughing fits watching them have a blast, One problem, well not really for
me, when Snowy gets in the box she is invisible and can hide and wait for
the next unsuspecting ferret to think she is alone in the box when she
springs and buries them in the pellets, and I have to look twice when it is
time for bed as she will hide in the box and she is really hard to see in
there.  Hope that helps, but as for safe fun, we have had no problems and
that is with 43 ferrets.