From:
Ellen Kunselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 03:24:59 EDT
Hello everyone!
I would just like to let everyone know that after a nerve-racking few
days (I wanted these babies here "now"!!) the four Long Island Ferts that
Diane S. posted about are at my house.  This, of course, will be their
new, permanent home.  Now my fuzzies consist of:

Bridget- 8 mth, light sable, addicted to rubber anythings.
Brandon- 6 mth, chocolate, loves stuffed animals.
Zoe-  3 1/2 mth, deaf silver mitt (blaze wannabe) that loves to wrestle
      with anything (you, a towel, our pitbull, whatever).
Zeus- 3 mth, albino, sweet huggable teddy bear, except when food is
      involved.
and the "new yorkers" are:
Bear-   6 year old, dark sable, very cuddly, loves to sleep
Bandit- 6 year old, dark sable, friendly, has a mass in the middle of her
        tail that will probably need removed.
Grandma- 6 year old, dark sable (so far it's hard to tell her and Bandit
      apart), who bites and screams at anyone who's near her, unless they
      have 'Tone on them.
Smokey- 5 year old, DEW who is very energetic, alert, and elusive.

This is only their first night here, and I'm surprised at how well things
have gone.  Someone stole my silk pajama pants and drug them under the
couch, and six out of the eight were IN them sleeping when I checked.
Grandma, of course, was not one of them.  She's a very sweet lady, she
loves her 'Tone (even if it's off of Bridget's belly, LoL) she just doesn't
seem to like the babies yet.  But, I heard squeaking from under the couch,
and went to investigate...Brandon was instigating.  But he wasn't turning
tail and running, either, which is what most of my established, but
younger, ferts were doing before.  No one is pooping on themselves, and
I've seen no scratches as of yet (I do have a different cage for each set
of 4) so during play-time I'm just going to keep an eye on them while they
"dook" it out.  I do feel a little badly though, because Bandit doesn't
bother the established ferrets, and Bridget and Brandon are afraid of her,
probably because of Grandma.  Anyway, soon they will see a vet, all get a
shower with mommy, get "Advantaged" and hopefully after that they'll live
happily ever after.  LoL.  Sorry this is so long folks, I just wanted to
let everyone know they were here and how they were.  Thanks!

Lolli, Bridget, Brandon, Zoe, Zeus, Bandit, Bear, Smokey and Grandma  :)